The Fraunhofer Institute for Microstructure of Materials and Systems IMWS in Halle (Saale) is, like society as a whole, affected by the effects of the COVID-19 epidemic. Extensive protective measures were taken at the institute at an early stage in order to prevent the spread of the Corona virus and to protect the health of the workforce as a top priority. The measures taken so far make it possible to maintain the project work with some restrictions.
The contact persons for our clients will remain available – regardless of whether they are currently working on the mobile side or working under the safety precautions taken in the laboratories and offices. Even under difficult conditions we see it as our responsibility to provide our customers with our services within the framework of regulatory requirements. Many of them, including companies from sectors that are currently particularly important, such as medical technology and energy supply, are also trying to continue their activities in order to avoid the complete collapse of supply and value creation in Germany in this crisis. As long as this is possible without an unsustainable risk to society and our employees, we want to continue to make a contribution and have appropriately prioritised our current projects.
In doing so, we adhere to the guidelines at the municipal, state and federal level as well as the guidelines of the Fraunhofer Gesellschaft. In addition, we took further measures for Fraunhofer IMWS.
Customers and guests of the institute, please note until further notice:
- Project work: Our contact persons can still be reached by phone and e-mail. In addition, we have created new possibilities for telephone and video conferences. Business trips of our employees are possible. However, we prefer digital possibilities for the exchange with external partners here as well.
- Visits to the Fraunhofer IMWS: Access to our buildings for external persons is granted if no typical symptoms of an infection with the coronavirus SARS-CoV-2 are present and additionally one of the following conditions is fulfilled:
- Full vaccination protection
- Genesee detection
- Negative PCR test (not older than 48 hours)
- Negative rapid antigen test (not older than 24 hours, performed by certified testing center) or an on-site rapid test monitored by the reception (will be provided).
At the reception they will also be asked to fill in a questionnaire with your contact details so that the chain of contact can be traced in case of emergency. It is mandatory to wear a medical mouth-nose protection or FFP2 mask during the entire time you are in the Institute's properties. In all buildings you will find disinfectants in the entrance area as well as information about the hygiene measures taken at the Fraunhofer IMWS.
- Events: The maximum limits for persons in our rooms unfortunately exclude events at present. Exceptions must be approved by the crisis team of the Fraunhofer IMWS. Smaller events are permitted, subject to the maximum number of people allowed for the room in question. The 3G regulation applies to the holding of events. Guests must be vaccinated, recovered or tested to gain access to the buildings.
We will inform you about new developments here in a timely manner.